Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New Job

I have recently put in my notice to leave the nursing home that I had been working for to begin a new job at a different nursing home. I had worked there for approx 6 weeks before and ended up leaving as I was in the kitchen and didn't care for cooking in such large quantities. Isn't it sad that I'd rather be cleaning up someone's behind than cook large meals for 100+ people?
I love working with the residents so far it seems sooooo much nicer and less stressful out there. This is my 2nd full week and I'm already able to get more studying for my classes done than before. I'm really looking forward to getting my nursing degree and am hopeful that I will be able to get my RN degree. That is my goal as far as degrees goes. After I achieve my nursing degree goal the next goal I'd like to tackle is to get on in a doctors office so that I can have nights off, weekends (at least most weekends off), and holidays off. After awhile not having weekends and holidays off gets really old really quick.
I'm working the weekend package so I work 32 hours and as long as I get in all 32 hrs I get 8 hrs bonus pay. Its awesome.

On another note, my boyfriend and I are doing great. Everynow and then I find myself really frustrated with him but I believe that it is more to do with me than it is him. I feel bad for him but I find myself not being able to help myself. Oi!

No comments:

Post a Comment